Each year, smart innovations change the way we approach the Internet. This 2022 voice search and smart speakers upgrade the way we search online. So, it’s not surprising that it is now also an essential part of digital marketing. Therefore, if your site isn’t optimized for voice search, you’re losing out on potential customers. More people are embracing voice-activated services on smart speakers and smartphones. Thus, the way they search and consume content is changing as well. Hence, marketers, content providers, and consumers are all affected by this growing technology innovation.
Introducing Voice Search and Smart Speakers
Voice search is the process of asking questions and giving orders to connected devices such as smartphones or smart speakers using speech. When someone speaks to the smart device, it executes the command or responds to the question. To simplify, it works by:
- Processing and transcribing human voice into text.
- Detecting questions and instructions in the text.
- Locate external data sources, such as search engines that show relevant information.
- Converting data into a digestible format is required to meet the objective.
The most popular voice search devices and smart speakers are Amazon and Google. However, it’s important to note that most voice searches are conducted on mobile devices rather than smart speakers. As a matter of fact, Apple (Siri) and Google (Android) are the two main competitors in the smartphone assistant market. These voice assistants and smart speakers obtain information from various sources, including search engines, Wikipedia, and other well-known websites. Thus, businesses must first understand where the various voice assistants get their information to optimize their content for voice search.
Optimize Your Website for Voice Search and Smart Speakers
At first, voice search was more of a fun feature than a function that people depended on. However, it has risen to the forefront of search marketing— thanks to advancements in speech recognition technology. According to current figures, 41% of Americans use voice search at least once daily. Moreover, according to studies, more than half of all smartphone users will utilize voice technology on their devices by 2020. Now that it is 2022, the studies were proven correct, which is why it is a must to optimize your website for voice search and smart speakers.
Below are some tips you can follow:
- Ensure that your material is indexed and available on all major data sources like Google Search, Google Maps, Apple Maps, etc.
- Follow standard SEO best practices to rank your web pages and/or listings high in search engines. Even if your information is well-structured for voice search, if it isn’t on Page 1, it is unlikely to be chosen as the answer.
- Answer the question concisely and simply in your article. It is recommended for 30-40 word answers at a reading level of 6-7th grade.
- Use slang words to adapt to conversational tones and consider that target audience.
Voice Out Your Future Plans with Infinity Web Solutions
The future is always uncertain, but there is something good to look out for. With voice search and smart speakers, the goals you want for your business will be more achievable. These modern digital innovations are both cost-effective and convenient. However, it is essential to keep in mind that you should not compromise with SEO strategies.
Reaching out to the top SEO experts Batangas from Infinity Web Solutions is a good place to start. Take the step now if you want to be on the top search engine results page. Our SEO experts are only a click away!